BISP programs are introduced to alleviate poverty and provide financial support to vulnerable families. The program was named after “Benazir Bhutto” who was the prime minister of Pakistan
What is Benazir income support program?
The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) is a social safety program that was launched in 2008. It is the largest social protection program in Pakistan. Its main objective is to provide financial assistance to poor people and help them. People are unable to meet their basic needs. The government aims to improve the standard of living. The selection of beneficiaries for the BISP is based on a poverty scorecard.
List Of BISP Programs
- BENAZIR NASHONUMA PROGRAM
- BENAZIR NATIONAL SOCIO-ECONOMIC REGISTRY
- BENAZIR TALEEMI WAZAIF
- BENAZIR KAFAALAT PROGRAM
1. BENAZIR NASHONUMA PROGRAM
Background and Objectives:
Pakistan has to face high rates of child nutrition crises. Such levels of Pakistan is considered the second-highest country in the region. This program aims to Provide Health and Nutrition services to its beneficiaries. The Technical Committee of the BISP Board approved the Nashonuma Program. The program has been designed keeping in mind the health of pregnant women and the health of their unborn children.
The government has given cash of PKR 2,000 per quarter per boy child and PKR 2,500/- per quarter per girl child. The Nashonuma Programme is operationalized in 156 districts of the country
The main objectives of this program are:
- To Improve weight gain of pregnant women during pregnancy
- To Reduce anemia deficiencies
- Improved awareness of maternal and child health and nutrition
- Improved the women’s health and prevent low birth weight.
2. BENAZIR NATIONAL SOCIO-ECONOMIC REGISTRY
BISP established National NSER in 2011. The NSER Survey, also known as the National Socio-Economic Registry Survey, is a program that was initiated in Pakistan. NSER is a social protection program in the public and private sectors. The NSER Survey aims to collect data from households across Pakistan to assess their socio-economic status. This data collection process is helpful to identify the poverty line So that deserving people can be identified
3. BENAZIR TALEEMI WAZAIF
Benazir Taleemi Wazaif is a Conditional Cash Transfer Programme for children. The basic purpose of these cash incentives beneficiaries are motivated to families so that children enrolled in schools and colleges
The objective of Benazir Taleemi Wazaif are:
- To create awareness of the importance of primary, secondary & higher secondary education among families
- To increase enrolment of children in schools
- To improve school attendance by the children
- To improve the education sector
- To decrease school dropout rates.
Age Eligibility Criteria:
Age Eligibility criteria for enrollment of children are under:
- The child’s age should be 4-12 years for enrollment in Primary Education
- The child’s age is 8-18 years for enrollment in Secondary Education
- The age 13-22 years for enrollment in Higher Secondary Education
An eligible child has to be admitted to school and college in any district of the country. Parents have to visit offices schools and colleges for enrolment with their child with the following documents
- CNIC of the beneficiary
- B-form issued by NADRA
- School and College admission slip
B form verification is compulsory for the enrollment of the child in the program.
4. BENAZIR KAFAALAT PROGRAM
This is an Unconditional Cash Transfers program that is known as “Benazir Kafalat Program. It was introduced in 2008.
The objective of the program was to
- To Improve economic growth
- To Eliminate the food crisis.
- To Decrease the inflation rate
The long-term objective of the program was to eradicate extreme poverty. The Kafalat program provides cash assistance to around 9 million families under BISP. Benazir Kafaalat’s stipend is Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 8,500/- per beneficiary per quarter.
We have tried to provide accurate and valid information you can share this information with others. The details of specific programs may change over time.
If you want to know the latest information about the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) so you can visit its official website.